There are many lessons I have learned from every bad sìtuatiom I had to go through. I want to pass this on to everyone.
Everybody has been through difficult times and hard times. So, to anybody that is in a current state of feeling stuck, hopeless or depressed, please read on.
Since I was a little girl, I grew up having a lot of pressure to be perfect. Pressure came from church people because I was the pastor’s daughter, and from peers (friends, classmates, etc). If I ever made a mistake, I got scrutinized heavily. I got bullied badly from guys from grade 6 until grade 11 for not being pretty and skinny. I wasn’t over weight or ugly but that’s what they saw me as. I had people betray me, and back stab me. These people were ones I either considered friends/ best friends to peers that I was nothing but kind to.
That’s just a brief summary of what i went through for years. It resulted in anorexia, bulimia, severe depression, suicidal thoughts, 2 suicide attempts, self harm, trust issues, 0 self confidence & self esteem. I would go to the bathroom in the dark so I couldn’t see my reflection in the mirror and if I did I would break down and cry. I used to hate myself every time I made a mistake. Tried so hard to be perfect. I had such bad anxiety, I didn’t leave my home for a whole year.
Until one day I got tired of feeling this way and wanted to do something about it. I didn’t seek a therapist or a counsellor. I became my own therapist. Everyday I would read motivational quotes and bible verses. Not just read them but believe them. I learned to love myself, every part of me, including my quirks and flaws. I decided; instead of trying to fit in, I’ll stand out. It wasn’t easy, it didn’t happen over night. In over a course of 5+ years; I built back up my self confidence and self esteem, I learned how to truly and fully love myself and to stop seeking validation from others.
What did I learn?
- Everywhere you go, you’ll cross paths with mean, vindictive and petty people. They’ll be nice to you but behind your back, trying to screw you over. I never understood these types of people, but unfortunately they exist. Never allow them to rob your inner peace and happiness. Never stoop down to their level and try to get back at them. Be kind, polite but keep your distance from them.
- There will always be haters. They don’t hate you because you did wrong to them, but it’s a self reflection of how they feel about themselves. Bitter and hates anybody around them that are happy or has more then them. Don’t let them get to you. It’s not easy but best thing to do is ignore their hateful behaviours and words.
- There will always be somebody better looking then You, smarter then you, or who has something you want. Never compare yourself or your life to somebody else’s. The grass is not greener on the other side. What you see or perceive as is never always the full truth. Focus on you and the people in your life that support you.
- It’s okay to have low moments in life. But remember, life keeps moving forward, there is no pause button. So, if currently you’re feeling down or unsatisfied with your current situation, doesn’t mean it’ll forever stay that way. But, you have to use that as your motivation to make a change.
- You deserve to be happy.
- You are beautiful. No matter what people or society tells you, YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL.
- You’re perfect just the way you are because you’re original, unique and one of a kind.
- It’s okay to feel like an orange surrounded by a bunch of apples. Just own your orange-ness. (LOL)
I can’t tell you that life will get easier but I can tell you that you can get stronger from each shitty situation or experiences that life throws at you.
Don’t be afraid to go chase your dreams, and to go after what you want. Don’t let haters and mean people get in your way.
I’m here if you need someone to vent to. I’m here if you need a friend. I am here if you need someone to give you that motivational pep talk every time you have bad days.
Most importantly, I understand & I care.
Shoot me a message through my contact form if you life or leave a comment below.
6 Minutes to Success!